বৃহস্পতিবার, ১৪ জুন, ২০১২

Facebook Depression/Issues - Incel Support



Support and Discussion This is where you come to discuss Incelness. You can also find and give support from/to other users


Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM ? #1

Senior Member

?

rossc09 is offline

Join Date: Mar 2009

Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 746

Facebook Depression/Issues


I don't know if anyone else on here is a real FB user, but I am.
I find that I experience periods of time where I'm really lonely and I might go for a long time waiting for contact online, and I start to get depressed instead.

Sometimes I won't stop myself and I'll write stuff that comes off as bitter or awkward, when it's really just because I'm feeling down.

I find myself blatantly ignoring or deleting posts about ppl in relationships/engagements, etc., because it all makes me feel desperate and down on myself.

What do you guys do when/of you experience this?

(I won't be deleting my FB account)

__________________
Homey don't play dat'

- Damon Wayans (aka Homey-the-Clown)

? Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM ? #2

Junior Member

?

recniceguy is offline

Join Date: May 2012

Posts: 25

I think eventually one gets tired of waiting on online contacts for social interactions and becomes motivated to try something different. You know, a desire to analogue/fleshy interactions and doing stuff. That's what's been going on with me and spending more time trying to break out and open to people, as in a lot more time/effort/investment spent on social stuff.

I even deleted friends who weren't really writing back to me or paying attention or if I questioned if they genuinely were friends. Though to be fair, most of them are adults with families, kids, work, commitments and don't have time for long FB chats as they used to or don't care anymore because they have what they need, as in a spouse or are popular already or are living the dream.

They are probably still nice folks, but, I do have a need for people who will be around to chat with and available and who WANT to chat with me, not "Have to" chat with me. Friendship shouldn't be work. WAAAY too much work in society already.

The problem is, I've been starving myself for social and sexual interactions for YEARS and now that need is large. People my age aren't able to provide that. So it's difficult to re-establish the social groove. But it's like anything that you placed on the back burner which now needs rebuilding.

So yes, it's a lot of work. But I think in the end, it'll be worth it.

? Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM ? #3

Senior Member

?

sadtwin is online now

Join Date: Mar 2011

Posts: 1,316

It being wedding season, dozens and dozens of people on my Facebook have gotten engaged/married of late. And, yeah, it depresses the hell out of me. I just try to ignore their posts and/or not log on much when I'm in a bad mood.

Quote:

Sometimes I won't stop myself and I'll write stuff that comes off as bitter or awkward, when it's really just because I'm feeling down.
I can relate to this, but it really only serves to further isolate you. "She's bitter and awkward. Better not talk to her." I journal a lot when I'm depressed about this kind of stuff - it gets the bad feelings out and down on paper without alienating anyone.
? Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM ? #4

I have a puppy!

?

DamianS is online now

Join Date: Nov 2008

Location: Toronto Canada

Posts: 4,174

Quote:

I don't know if anyone else on here is a real FB user, but I am.
I find that I experience periods of time where I'm really lonely and I might go for a long time waiting for contact online, and I start to get depressed instead.

Sometimes I won't stop myself and I'll write stuff that comes off as bitter or awkward, when it's really just because I'm feeling down.

I find myself blatantly ignoring or deleting posts about ppl in relationships/engagements, etc., because it all makes me feel desperate and down on myself.

What do you guys do when/of you experience this?

(I won't be deleting my FB account)

I can't think of any benefit to publically posting depressive stuff. I mean, I've done it on Facebook too but NOONE CARES.

Take sad's advice. Write it down for you and never show it to anyone but maybe a therapist.

__________________
People make perfect sense computationally as long as you think of them as an enigma machine with the dials changing randomly with every third word. In other words, don't sweat it if they never make sense.
- TheGnome

? Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM ? #5

Senior Member

?

rossc09 is offline

Join Date: Mar 2009

Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 746

Yeah, I think I might want to start journaling.
Part of the reason I came back here is that I needed to get this stuff of my chest without putting in on FB.

And it *is* wedding season. Feels like it's what EVERYBODY's doing right now. I just take that stuff off my feed right away.

__________________
Homey don't play dat'

- Damon Wayans (aka Homey-the-Clown)

? Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM ? #6

Member

?

The Sound of a Train is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

Location: Knoxville

Posts: 80

Quote:

And it *is* wedding season. Feels like it's what EVERYBODY's doing right now. I just take that stuff off my feed right away.

Y'all are right about that. In fact, I'm "man of honor" for my best friend in her wedding here soon. I'm happy as hell for my friends getting hitched, though! It makes me wist about being in a loving relationship. Maybe I'll meet some other lonely singles at the wedding
? Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM ? #7

Senior Member

?

sadtwin is online now

Join Date: Mar 2011

Posts: 1,316

This is a great attitude! Good for you!
? Reply With Quote

Old Today, 12:28 AM ? #8

Member

?

neverhadaboyfriend is offline

Join Date: Apr 2011

Location: Leisureville, USA

Posts: 66

Part of my job is managing business facebook pages, so I am on the damn site all day. It is evil and if I ever change jobs I will delete my account. I get so depressed and jealous whenever I am on there. All I see are people getting married, traveling with their partners, having kids, flashing engagement rings and it brings out feelings in me that I do not want to deal with. I am happiest whenever I am not on there and just living my life outside of social media.

? Reply With Quote

Old Today, 12:29 AM ? #9

Member

?

neverhadaboyfriend is offline

Join Date: Apr 2011

Location: Leisureville, USA

Posts: 66

Quote:

This is a great attitude! Good for you!

X2
? Reply With Quote

Old Today, 05:24 AM ? #10

Senior Member

?

Ikari is online now

Join Date: Mar 2012

Posts: 203

I also have a wedding coming up next month, it truly is wedding season...

Anyway, about the writing bitter/awkward stuff on facebook, I would definitely try to avoid that at all costs. Most people use facebook to chat with friends, share good news, funny videos, songs they like... light stuff. When someone has a meltdown on there it's usually only a source for gossip and the person is left even more alienated. Like sadtwin said, a journal could help. If you need feedback you can either post here or maybe get an anonymous blog?

If it's too much to handle you could try going a few days without logging in.

__________________
?And Max, the king of all wild things, was lonely and wanted to be where someone loved him best of all.?
Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are

? Reply With Quote



Posting Rules

You may not post new threads

You may not post replies

You may not post attachments

You may not edit your posts


HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.



vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin? Version 3.6.11
Copyright ?2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

bernie fine matt leinart cyber monday 2011 cyber monday 2011 turkey pot pie turkey pot pie southern university

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন